Monday, September 1, 2014

Short and Sweet

Since my doctor said I’ll lose my hair for certain, if gradually, I decided to chop off my hair.  That way it won’t be quite so traumatic when it starts falling out.  Though I miss my long hair, I’m pretty happy with my new sassy ‘do, and I’m very grateful to my awesome stylist, Carolyn, at Salon Milano in Olympia.  She worked her magic!

I’ll keep this update short because I’m a little tired, though it’s hard to say how much is the chemo and how much of it is the walking pneumonia that I’ve been fighting for the past two weeks (yes, really!) Other than that, I’m feeling mostly okay. And even walking pneumonia hasn’t kept me down.   My PR business has been crazy busy lately, I rode horses on Thursday and my father-in-law took me crabbing on Friday.  Though I don’t think I have necessarily taken life for granted, having cancer has made me face mortality head on and reminded me how precious life is. It’s been nice to be able to do things I love, even if I have to fight through a little fatigue to do it.

Next chemo appointment is Thursday evening and my sweet little mom is going with me.  To those who have offered to be a chemo date, I’ll send a schedule out soon.  Thanks to everyone for so many kind texts and emails.  I have heard that I am also in many Christian and Buddhist prayers right now, and I am humbled and grateful for that as well.  It's working!


I think the kiddos have finally succumbed to their afternoon naps, which means my bed is calling my name…

2 comments: